Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas Duo by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

I can't believe its the middle of December already and Christmas is almost here!! Today I have the last 2 Christmas cards to share with you this year. I used Ugly Sweater and Cheers to You. These were the color at about the same time, so I decided to similar backgrounds with them by splitting up a watercolor panel and using some pattern papers!

First, I stamped the images and used my Spectrum Noir markers to color them up. I used AG1, AG3, AG5, CT1, CT4, DR4, DR6, DR7, IG2, IG4, RB1, RB2, RB4, Black. Then I used some basic circles to cut them out.

For the background, I cut a panel of watercolor cardstock and did some ink smooshing with Distress Ink, Barn Door & Peeled Paint. I also used some splatters of black from a black ink spray I happened to have on my desk!


While that dried I stamped the sentiments for each card, one on a small die cut circle. The other from a strip of cardstock that I notched one end. 

When the watercolor panel was dry I cut it in half, but at an angle. That way each card gets half a watercolor panel. I added some pattern paper to the other half of each card, each one getting their own pattern.

The pattern paper was added directly to each card base and the watercolor half was added with foam tape. Last, I just added each stamped circle and the matching sentiment!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Happy Stamping and Happy Holidays!!





4 comments:

Karen Day said...

I love the ink smooshed backgrounds, Dana!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so fun and love the colors on them.

Jil Lebel said...

Your ladies are really having a good time! The backgrounds really accentuate that by being so bright.

Dot J Freel said...

I just love these ladies and those cute cards they make!